For those of you who are not fans of breakfast – whether because of a lack of time in the morning or because you don't see the value in eating in the morning (although I'm hopeful your opinion on that has changed since starting the New Life Promise program) – I highly recommend starting with a smoothie.
Nutrient-dense smoothies can be whipped up in just a couple minutes and require only a few ingredients, all of which can be customized or changed to suit your mood, what's available in your fridge, or what you feel you may be lacking in the rest of your day.
We provide many, many delicious smoothie recipes in your Total Trifecta and LiveSmart meal plans, but if you'd like to create your own, here are the basic ingredients needed to create a smoothie:
- A liquid base like coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 serving of fruit such as a small apple, 1 cup of berries, or ½ banana
- 1 serving of leafy greens like a handful of spinach or kale
- 1 serving of high-quality protein and healthy fat such as ½-1 ounce of nuts or seeds, 1-2 tablespoons of nut butter, or ¼-½ cup of Greek yogurt
- Optional ingredients to add include ice, a high-quality collagen supplement, or a nutrient-dense greens powder
Zap everything in a blender for a minute or two and you’re ready to start your day with a nutritious, balanced breakfast!
Many blenders today even come with cups that adapt to the blender so once you’ve blended the smoothie, you just remove the blades, twist on a lid, and you’re ready to walk out the door with a healthy smoothie to sip on.
I love adding a scoop of SkinREJUV Collagen Complex to my smoothies. I just throw it in with all the other ingredients and blend. So easy and gives me all of these amazing benefits...
- Supports a healthy gut
- Enhances hair, skin, and nails
- Relieves joint pain
- Prevents bone loss
- Supports healthy digestion
- Improves heart health